Saturday 29 September 2007

Last minute shopping

D Day - 3.

Having had lunch in town yesterday with my good friend Fiona, I tried to find a bag to replace the one I have on the back of my wheelchair which had a broken catch and was not very safe to carry shopping and my waterproofs in. No way, Hose!! Not a suitable bag in Middlesbrough. There is not a bag shop in Middlesbrough now- the last one closed down a few months ago. So I looked on the internet (wonderful thing to find out information) and found there was a bag shop in Darlington, 9 miles away. I persuaded Terry to drive me over after lunch today and discovered there was one bag shop, one market stall and one indoor market stall all selling suitable bags. Not bad for a town with a shopping area about half the size of Middlesbrough. So I now have a relacement bag in which I hope my belongings will safer.
The list of things to do is getting smaller and there are only last minute things left. I've organised my cleaner, my gardener, done all but the last load of washing etc. etc. Feel as though I must have forgotten something- wasn't as well organised last time.
Terry has a booking for his band, the Cleveland Bays tonight and Helen is working so I'm looking forward to watching The X Factor and having an early night.
Carol and Ron are organised and getting nervous about being away for so long - they are to be with us for a month - as they have never been away for this length of time before. It will just fly past and they'll be home before they know it.

No comments: